5. The poem is about the first shot taken by Minutemen in 1775 at Concord, Massachusetts. It talks about the explosive times in American history during the American Revolutionary War when patriots fought against the British.
6. Concord is an agreement or harmony among different groups of people. The poem was entitled ‘Concord’ as it was presented in 1877 after the Battle Monument was completed and also talks about harmony achieved after the war.
7. The poem is dedicated to martyrs and heroes who lost their lives during the American Revolution war. It is the story of farmers who took up arms and fought against their enemies for independence. The war changed the destiny of America, and the poet does not want the future generation to forget the hardships of those who fought in the war.
8. The speaker of the poem is a patriot who was present at the completion of the battle monument.
9. Each line of the poem is made of eight syllables and has four quatrains with each line taking an iambic tetrameter style, and characteristic rhyme scheme of ABAB.
10. Concord which means an agreement
A foe which means enemy (title)
Votive which means an oath (Stanza 3 Line 2)
Unfurl which means to spread (Stanza 1, Line 2)
11. Each line of the poem is made of eight syllables and has four quatrains with each line taking an iambic tetrameter style.
12. The poem contains a symbolic image of silence and time that rei…
Free Concord hymn Essay Sample, Download Now
Order Original Essay on the Similar TopicGet an original paper on the same topic
from $10 per-page